Roster is a cumulative way of listing schedule cards of the classes, holidays and make-up schedule cards in a calendar view. It has got three tabs viz. Main Roster, Teacher Roster, Room Roster. The Teacher Roster and Room Roster give the view based on teacher/room respectively.
Main Roster shows the overall schedule cards of the classes. It is in the calendar view form. By default the Main Roster tab is active. To view the Main Roster go to Roster from the main navigation panel of the Flavor Edu portal.
The filter option displays the classes in the calendar based on specific parameters. Click on the filter icon, a pop up form named Filter appears on your screen. Select the Subsidiary, Branch, Teacher & Class then click on the Apply button. The filtered classes will be shown in the calendar view.
Calendar View is the layout as to how you can see the schedule cards. It is divided into three parts viz. Active Date Label, Roster Navigation and Views part.
Active Date Label
By default it shows the current month and year. As per the different views and navigation it gets updated.
- Previous, Next & Today Button: It is used to navigate day, week or month according to active calendar view. Today button is useful to quickly navigate to Today date on calendar view. This button is only enabled if we are not on the current date.
- Calendar View Navigation: Calendar View Navigation are different formats that you can view your Calendar in. Each Calendar View will arrange your schedule cards into a different layout. You can view schedule cards by Month, Week, Day and List.
The Month view shows the schedule cards for the whole month. By default current month is active. As we navigate using buttons, month view also gets updated.
The Week view shows the schedule cards for a specific week. By default current week is active. As we navigate using buttons, week view also gets updated.
The Day view shows the schedule cards for a single day and time basis. By default current day is active. As we navigate using buttons, day view also gets updated.
The List view shows the schedule cards in the listing on a weekly basis. In List view, day along with schedule cards timings are shown for a week. By default, current week is active. As we navigate using buttons, list view also gets updated.
Schedule cards’ colors
In the calendar view, we find different types of schedule cards. These cards are distinguished based on different colors.
- Light grey shows the expired schedule cards
- Blue shows the ongoing schedule cards
- Light blue shows the upcoming schedule cards
- Green color shows the Make up class
- Orange color shows the holiday
Note: Click on any class from any view, It will open the class information popup.
- Click on the number of students to view the registered student’s list for that particular class.
2. Click on Go to Class details button to redirect to the class details page.
The Teacher Roster and Room Roster will have the same view and functionality.
To view the schedule cards according to the teacher/room selection, go to the Teacher Roster/Room Roster Tab respectively.
- By default Day view is active.
- It is the Active Date Label.
- Today button is useful to quickly navigate to Today date on calendar view. This button is only enabled if we are not on current date.
- These are calendar navigation buttons. It is used to navigate day, week or month according to active calendar view.
- This is a mini calendar which is used to quickly navigate in the main calendar.
- It shows week view of the Teacher/Room Roster.
- It shows the current week range.
- It shows the week range in the mini calendar.
This is the monthly view of the Teacher/Room Roster.
- Click on Month to view the monthly classes as per Teacher/Room selection.
- It shows the current month and year by default. We can navigate the month by using the calendar navigation button.
- It shows the month in the mini calendar which consists of month only.
- It shows the short form of day and date.
The Timeline/Time grid can be toggled. It is considered as TimeLine, if the switch is off and Time grid if it is on.
When the switch is off, it is the Timeline view. The schedule cards appear according to the time.
Time grid view
When the switch is on, it is the Time grid view. The schedule cards appear in the form of a grid with rows as time and column as teacher name.
By default in the Teacher/Room list, the teachers/rooms will be displayed according to the current day, week or month.
All Teacher/Room list is visible if Show All Teachers/Show All Rooms is On.
By default, the teachers/rooms are shown checked in the teacher/room list according to the schedule classes.
Search box gives the option to search for a Teacher/Room by Teacher/Room name in that list.